Chinese state media says the death toll in huge explosions that hit the port city of Tianjin has more than doubled to 44, with over 500 other people injured.<br /><br /> Smoke was still rising and fires burning, hours after Wednesday night’s blasts, which were so large that they could be seen by satellites in space.<br /><br /> Buildings are said to have collapsed and shockwaves could be felt for kilometres around.<br /><br /> Death toll of China blast rises to 44; more than 500 injured http://t.co/sWhLBXKBBn pic.twitter.com/sGjtKXlRq5— Chicago Tribune (@chicagotribune) August 13, 2015<br /> <br /><br /> The explosions occurred at a warehouse in an industrial area of the northeastern city, where toxic chemicals and gas were stored.<br /><br /> At least a dozen firefighters are among the dead. <br /><br /> Anxious relatives, including Zhang Shengfeng, are looking for those missing. <br /><br /> “He is my brother,” he said. <br /><br /> “We were in Beijing when we heard about the explosion so we drove here to look for him. So far we have found nothing. We heard there we