CNN has filed a lawsuit against President Trump and several of his aides after the White House revoked senior journalist Jim Acosta's press credentials.<br /> The network said it has asked a Washington district court for an immediate restraining order requiring Acosta's press pass to be returned.<br />CNN said the Trump administration's actions violated Acosta's constitutional rights.<br />The judge has given the defendants until Wednesday morning, local time, to file a response and hearing has been scheduled for the afternoon.<br />The White House revoked Acosta's press pass last week just hours after he got into a testy exchange with Trump.<br />Press Secretary Sarah Sanders responded to the suit by saying it was just more "grandstanding" from CNN and that the Trump administration will vigorously defend against the suit. <br />