Surprise Me!

Nadal Cautious Ahead Of Long-Awaited Comeback

2013-01-30 30 Dailymotion

<p>(REUTERS) - Rafael Nadal kept his predictions low-key on Wednesday (January 30) as he prepared for his long-awaited comeback from an injury at next month's Chile Open.<br /><br />The 10-times grand slam champion, who has not played competitively since last year's Wimbledon tournament in June, has been sidelined with tendonitis in his left knee.<br /><br />His hopes of returning at the Australian Open were dashed by a stomach virus.<br /><br />"The motivation, the illusion is big, so I am very happy to be back in the competition. I will have to be patient to know how the knee will answer after a long time without the top level," Nadal told reporters in Majorca after a practice session with his uncle and coach Toni Nadal.<br /><br />The Spaniard hopes that clay-court tournaments in Chile, Brazil and Mexico will help him ease back into tournament play, but remained cautious about his performance.<br /><br />"I will need a few weeks to see how the things improve. But the most important thing for me is the knee respect, that I can support the pain of the knee and then if I am able to play this three tournaments in a row I think it will work very well for me because I will have three important weeks to prepare for the rest of the season," Nadal said.<br /><br />"I know that the first three tournaments are going to be difficult in terms of result but I am going to try everything," the 26-year-old added.<br /><br />Nadal's long absence from the circuit means he has slipped outside the top four in the world for the first time in more than seven years.<br /><br />Video Source: Reuters</p>

Buy Now on CodeCanyon